Thursday 1 November 2012

Barbara Ireson (RIP)

Visted Barbara Ireson funeral today at 10am at Jewish Liberal Synagogue in Wilesden, my first ever visit to a Jewsih funeral, funny enough I did not feel like  stranger, and quite comfortable with the whole ceremony.
We all prayed in the Synagogue, prayers rituals read and body burried. We were told by the Rabbi that if you put the soil over the coffin, it is considered a great honor in Jewish religion, I was the 3rd person to grab the spade and did my duty, there were tears and sadness around, but people shared and talked about good memories of Barbara.
Barbara was a community leader, a councillor and a community worker. Her partner Milton was very sad and in tears. I wished him condolences and my support and wished to vist him later in Sunbury. Milton wants to talk to me.

While people were consoling Milton I took the opportunity to collect all the religious books and stacked them on the shelve. Aparently someone joked that I may a get a job here.

Nevertheless I felt the good sermon by the Rabbi, of love, peace, patience and support for Milton and all of us. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment